What Is Indigo?
Indigo is a natural dye that is obtained from the plant Indigofera tinctoria. It’s rich, dark blue in color and is mainly used for dyeing clothes, especially denim. In fact, it is known to be one of the oldest dyes to be used for textile dyeing and printing. However, it is now also being used in combination with henna as a natural hair dye. Interestingly, indigo offers some great benefits for your hair when used appropriately. So, let’s take a look, shall we?
- It is an all-natural hair dye that does not harm your hair in any way.
- When mixed with henna, it gives your hair a rich brown color.
- When applied over henna treated hair, it gives a lush black color.
- Regular use of indigo on hair can treat and prevent premature graying.
- Indigo hair oil stimulates new hair growth and prevents scalp infections.
- Indigo hair oil also treats dandruff and conditions your hair.
How To Use Henna And Indigo To Color Your Hair Black?
Step 1: Applying Henna
- In the mixing bowl, combine the henna powder and lemon juice.
- Slowly start adding water and stirring this mixture until you have a thick pudding-like paste.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and leave it on overnight for the dye in the henna to release.
- Working with one section at a time, start applying henna with a hair coloring brush right from the roots to the ends.
- Roll this section around your finger into a little curl and stick it to your head.
- Once you’re done with applying henna to all the sections, apply the rest of the henna all over your head and work it in with your hands for complete coverage.
- Put on a shower cap.
- You can leave in the henna for anywhere between 2 hours and overnight.
- Rinse off the henna with just water. Do not use shampoo or conditioner.
Step 2: Applying Indigo
Mohit Mishra –
Absolutely loved it. I highly recommend it to all.
Firstly it’s worth the money I spent. I find it pretty effective for me and I like the product as well.
Himi Tandan –
This product is really good and we will get good results as they mentioned in description. We liked it and recommended.
Pradeep Pandey –
It is an amazing product for colouring hair naturally. A lot of thanks❤ to the manufacturer for bringing such an amazing product
Quality & colour are exactly what I was looking for.